A few years back we caught the “festival bug” – in October we even drove cross-country to attend two separate weekend-long festivals. Between the music and the energy and the fashions, they’re like heading to your favorite concert, tenfold. It’s fair to say we’ve picked up a few festival survival tips along the way. We learned the hard way, so I had fun putting together this list filled with the necessities for a smooth festival experience.
1. Gearing up for a full day of music and dancing means a good night’s sleep is crucial. And if you happen to be staying overnight at the venue during a weekend-long festival, it’s even more important to get a good night’s rest. PJ Salvage makes the absolute softest sleepwear and loungewear I’ve ever come across. Not to mention their prints (like this Blue Batik) are on-trend and super cute. Grab a pair (and maybe some cute earplugs and an eye mask, just in case) and settle in for a comfortable sleep, even if your “bed” is a sleeping bag on the ground.
2. All of the music festivals we’ve attended have been multi-day events. We’ve also camped on or nearby the sites so daily leg shaving is not always an option, which can be an inconvenience when your bags are packed with shorts and cute dresses. Admittedly, I was a little scared to try at-home waxing, but Nad’s Ultra Smoothing Exfoliating Wax Strips are far from intimidating. They provide a salon-quality wax formula that removes even the finest little hairs without major irritation to my sensitive skin. Plus, they smell like sweet candy instead of icky chemicals.
3. A common thread across pretty much any music festival you attend is that it will be packed with people. And since they’re generally in the summer, in the middle of a grassy field, you’re bound to be hit with a ton of dust, especially by the end of the night. It gets bad. Be sure to pack a bandana to tie around your face for when you’re inevitably hit with a fog of dirt, but more importantly, keep a bottle of Clear Eyes Pure Relief® Multi-Symptom drops close by. They’re preservative free (and in a multi-dose bottle), won Product of the Year 2017 for Eye Care, and will relieve the redness and irritation from all the dust.*
*And there’s a $3 coupon is even available on their website.
4. Between downtimes of seeing your favorite musicians, it’s crucial to bring along good snacks. I may not have a huge sweet tooth, but I’m a sucker for sour candies so Sour Punch® Bites® Ragin’ Reds and Sour Punch® Straws in Pineapple Mango Chili are my go-to’s. The Ragin’ Reds are bite-sized and perfect for sharing, while the Pineapple Mango Chili Straws are the perfect mix of sour, sweet and, unexpectedly spicy.
5. Another pivotal festival “rule” to follow is to STAY HYDRATED. Between the sun and the dancing you this is critical to keep in mind. Of course, you should drink plenty of water, but water can get boring and LaCroix Cúrate Piña Fraise (Pineapple Strawberry) is just the thing to shake things up. It’s 100% natural sparkling water with no sodium, no caffeine, no sweeteners, and is 100% delicious and refreshing. It blends pineapple and strawberry for a crisp, unique beverage that’s anything but boring.
6. No matter how many days of festivaling you’re up against, one thing is for sure – you’ll need a long shower when it’s over. The sweat and the sun takes a toll on your skin and hair, leaving you feeling overall dried out. Renpure Black Label 100% Organic Coconut Oil and Coconut Water Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner are just the things to pamper yourself with and the Organic Coconut Oil in these products deliver nutrients and restore moisture where you need it most.
Now you’re equipped with all of my best festival tips and tricks so you can have fun and dance your heart out!